Monday, January 21, 2008

When they say it tastes bad, you'd better listen

I've had a minor chest cold that simply will not leave me. Normally, I'll take the Robitussin original or the generic equivalent. The primary medication is Guaifenesin, an expectorant that has been in use for years.

Well, Publix was out of my normal brand when I stopped in last week. However, they had another brand, Buckley's, that I had never used, but figured that it was the same thing; after all, it was 100mg of Guaifenesin per dose just as I was used to with the other stuff.

Wrong.

Buckley's tastes like menthol fish oil with a dash of red pepper and a hint of Pine-Sol. It is awful; that cough syrup has one of the worst tastes that I've ever even dreamed of. It's so bad that the Buckley's people are actually proud of it.

Just two words: never again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home