Monday, July 21, 2008

And, lest anyone should think that I'm a McMain McCain man...

I dislike the recent advertising run by the McCain campaign on the price of gasoline.

"Pump" depicts Senator Obama and his liberal counterparts in congress as blocking potential solutions to relieve the rising cost of energy. In other words, to drill or not to drill? To subsidize or not to subsidize?

I know that Obama supporters will split hairs on Senator Obama's feelings on various solutions to defuse the specific tenets of this advertisement. Fine, do as you wish. The crticisms, while Obama lovers will cry about them, probably fit more than they don't, but every politician has his spin.

In truth, the brunt of this attack campaign should also be pointed back at Senator McCain. Not for his failure to champion any of the specific strategies mentioned, but rather because he is a part of the gridlock that has gripped our government for years. When congress can't claim any view longer than the current fiscal year, there's trouble a'brewin'. In other words, McCain's got no room to talk on this subject.

Pols should react when necessary, but I elect representatives in government to get out in front of these things. Is that too much to ask?

(By the way, I can't believe that I even wrote that McMain thing. I'd better get some sleep.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home