Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I like this approach and slogan

I'm not 100% sure that I agree with the AARP on everything that they've rolled into this campaign because I've yet to read all of their ideas, but I definitely love their slogan and the logo that they've created.

Generally, I run conservative, but really I'm a Libertarian at heart. Someone that believes that government should generally shut up and get the heck out of the way. I, for the most part, believe that government should use my/our money to protect our borders, keep the peace and maintain common infrastructure and little more.

All of the partisan bickering and grandstanding is wasting time, effort and funds that we need to apply to the issues at hand -- because they aren't going away without action. And, for the record, Nancy Pelosi's whining and Lindsey Graham's introducing symbolic bills and resolutions to prove points isn't getting anything done.

Both parties have problems. Both sides of the aisle are at fault. Let's find something that works.

That current way isn't working.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sport Mode said...

Couldn't agree more. You sound more sensible all the time. :)

I really don't think the founding fathers envisioned a bloated government infrastructure that wastes about $1 trillion every year- out of a $2.7 trillion budget!

This trillion buckaroos wasted- did I mention every year?!- is more than the amount spent on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, combined.

Oh, and don't tell me one party has all the blame! Pleeeeeease.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home