Friday, December 07, 2007

Great Work, John and Wayne!!

John and I have known each other for some time -- I first met him about 20 years ago. He knew my sister while they were in college together, and I met him during that time. Fast forward about 12 years, and we found ourselves attending the same church and getting to know each other better. John and I have a lot in common.

We've since moved to a different congregation, but I still talk to John on a regular basis -- he and I had a Friday morning Bible study together for two or three years along with five or six other guys. Great stuff.

Now John and his co-founder, Wayne Howell, are coordinating a great mission in our small town of Franklin, Tennessee called Franktown Open Hearts. They've got a great website designed by some other good friends of ours, Rob and Deb.

Allen Gentry gives a great video testamonial on the site. For those of you outside our community, Allen is a well-known local man that I like to call the "unofficial mayor of Franklin" because everyone knows either him and or his father. They are fifth-generation farmers on the same land just outside of town. Each fall, they open their farm to local families with animals, games, pumpkin patch, etc. during the fall season and he hosts a children's day camp on the banks of the Harpeth River during the summer months. Allen and his family are leaders in the community and in the same church that John attends and that we formerly attended. His video is sincere and from the heart, I assure you.

Great stuff, John and Wayne! You have my support.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Did you attend Lipscomb or just your sister? I was thinking you were graduated from Vanderbilt.

5:41 PM  
Blogger EggsnGrits said...

John and my sister (actually both of my sisters) are Lipscomb graduates. I am a Vanderbilt alumnus, yes.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home