Saturday, December 02, 2006

Buckley ANG Base - A trip down (Google) memory lane


Way back when the USSR and its allies were the Axis of Evil, I was a young lieutentant in the United States Air Force. I worked here, in this building at Buckley Air National Guard base just outside of Denver, Colorado. The outward appearance of the structure hasn't changed much, but I'll bet that a great deal of the stuff on the inside has changed over many times. From time to time I've wondered what they're doing. When I see sensational events on the news, I remember the days that I worked 12 hour shifts at odd times of the day to support forces on the other side of the world or worked holidays simply because that's when those darned Ruskies would decide to test us a little.


Ahhh... those were the days. The days when conflicts were symetrical and predictable. Those days are certainly gone. Maybe not gone for good, but for the foreseeable future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home