Thursday, September 06, 2007

The clarvoyant phisherman

Like the rest of you, I get probably two of these everyday. Phishing e-mails masquerading as legitimate e-mails from companies like PayPal, eBay, Citibank and on and on.

This one has a special place in the phishing lore. You see, I received it today, September 6, 2007. If you read the e-mail, it's predicting that I will be hacked on September 10, 2007. So, this is a nice bit of warning.

Hmmm.... if I change my password now, will this e-mail never happen? Because then I will have theoretically thwarted the attack, rendering this e-mail moot. Or will the universe collapse? Yikes! Tough decision!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The sad thing is that many people believe it.

7:51 PM  
Blogger EggsnGrits said...

Indeed.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home