Friday, June 30, 2006

Whew! I can rest a little easier now.

That stollen notebook computer with the Veteran's Administration database on the hard drive was found and returned to the VA earlier today. I had received notice that my information was in that database, so I was a bit relieved to learn that the data hadn't been accessed since the theft.

I wasn't so concerned with malicious use of the information, but I was a little nervous about the potential hassles that might have accompanied the 'cure' for any compromised information. I thought that I would spend the rest of my life explaining that my arrest for fraud was really someone pretending to be me, or that I would be repeatedly dunned by a string of collection agencies for debts that I didn't incur, etc. Woo Hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home